Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Making and Decorating Gingerbread cookies!!

Ok as I promised here is the making and decorating gingerbread cookies post! It's mostly pictures this time...
:-)
We decided to wait till Daddy got home to decorate the cookies because I felt bad for him - he is always missing out on all the fun because he is at work :-) So we decorated cookies after supper.

The plan was to have an early supper, then decorate cookies, then put the kids to bed and then do the dishes. But we ended up having a late supper, then we decorated cookies, and while we were decorating Linda called and asked if we wanted to come over and play a game, (Well I don't usually like games unless they are loud and busy but and not too much strategy... looking after two kids and playing a strategy game means I loose). :-P Matthew really likes to play board games though :-)
We all headed over to Nate and Lins for the rest of the evening. Miriam and Dylan played for a few minutes and then were put to bed. I read a book, Nate watched hockey and played Xbox and Matthew and Linda played Carcassonne :-) That sounds like a very relaxing evening to me! :-) . (I have a hard time relaxing at my own house because there is always something that needs to be done) Then we headed home, plopped the kids in bed then I quickly put a roast in the slow cooker so it would be ready today to cut up and make into croquettes, made some orange juice and headed to bed. The dishes never did get done :-( They are still sitting on my counter waiting to be washed, dried and put away. But I have more important thinks to do, like type up a blog post! :-)

Ok so back to the topic of this blog post...
I forgot to buy candies for the gingerbread cookies so we had to use what we had in the house... made for some interesting decorating :-P

Rolling out the dough and cutting with the cookie cutters. (I think next year I will buy some new one's :-P )


All baked and cooling off - I baked them a bit too long :-( Oh well with all the icing and candies on them no one will notice :-P


Cooled off and ready to decorate!


Making the icing... note the messy kitchen!


Waiting to decorate... Dylan was VERY upset because he wanted to eat everything right away!


And so Dylan starts his second supper...


Miriam getting the hang of things...


Dylan eating... a few candies did end up on the cookies.


Matthew says he never decorated gingerbread cookies when he was little... WHAT? I'm gonna have to double check with his Mom :-P
So according to Matthew - this is his first time decorating gingerbread cookies!! :-)


Miriam figured out that the more candies she puts on now, the more she will get to eat later!


My fancy bell, I am not proud of the decorating I did last night... but they will taste good :-P I still can't really tell the difference between the cookies the kids decorated and mine... Hopefully the gingerbread house turns out better :-P


MMmmm! Still munching away!




add a bit of ... red... (well it was supposed to be, but it's more pink than red)


Matthew's the artist... The name of this work of art you ask?
Gingerbread Girl...


I love the cookies Miriam decorated! ... all gummi bears! :-)








Yay! some candies on this one!


Yummy!







Tray #1


Tray #2 (can you tell which ones the adults decorated)?


And now I really should go do those dishes, and cut up the roast...
Hope you all have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. is it just me or does Dylan look lightyears older every time you post?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right Laura! He is growing like a WEED! I have to go clothes shopping in Jan for them both! They both have flood pants and could use a new shirt or two...
    Dylan has grow up in features and understands way more than just a few months ago. He even sat through the morning church service on Sunday with no major interruptions... although I'm sure the people behind us got distracted by all the moving and fiddling he did :-P And at the end of the service he did yell "DADDY" when he spotted Matthew in the sound booth a few rows behind us :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Laura, he's growing by leaps and bounds.
    I think you have been blessed with beautiful children, then again you're an awesome mommy too :-) (and lest Matthew feel left out...he's kinda cute too hehe)

    ReplyDelete