Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Toronto...

Ok so, I went for an ultrasound this morning at 8:00am and it showed something called, twin to twin transfusion. Basically the babies are sharing a placenta and the one baby is getting/(hogging?) more of the good stuff from me, and what ever is leftover the other baby gets.
 So, after the ultrasound this morning, they decided to fly Matthew and I to Toronto for laser treatment/surgery to fuse the parts of the placenta that are 'attaching' the two babies (that's how I understand it anyway) so that they both twins get equal amounts of nutrients etc. When they were making the travel arrangements I went for a heart echo for both babies, they also checked the twins brains, to see if these things are developing normally or if there are any problems they can see yet. So far everything looks good. :-)  There are quite a few more articles online on ttts and on the laser surgery, I don't have time to link any of them cuz I have to pack, and get the kids ready, and clean up the house... (You know, cleaning up those pesky dust bunnies under the couch you never want anyone to see... lol just kidding... I won't have time for that.)
We have babysitters for the time we are gone, Matthew's Mom, Rebekah and Rachel :-) So the kids can stay at home :-) yay! I'm sure they'll sleep better in their own beds :-) and now they get Grandma and aunties to spoil them :-)

We are very thankful there is a 'treatment' for TTTS.
We know all things are in the hands of our all sovereign God and Father.
 Please pray for our little twins.

That's it for now, I'll try keep you all updated - probably when we get back from Toronto.


6 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys and your precious twin babies!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Matt, Lowell and the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers! May God bless the work of the Dr's so that all can be great with your precious twins! We pray that He also grant you guys all that you have need of! Take care, Ed, Ang and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorelle. My Younger Brother and sis-in-law had twins a dozen or so years ago, and they had ttts. They were operated on in-utero with what was at the time ground-breaking surgery in Vancouver, and have healthy girls. If you need some info, I`m sure they`d be happy to share! (Ted and Carol Kanis from Smithers, BC). Your Mom and Dad would know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that everything goes well! Thanks for the info. These twin pregnancy thing sure is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle EnglefieldMay 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM

    Wow, that is incredible. Congratulations as well! Hope that everything goes well with everything! We'll be thinking about and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete