The reason I haven't posted in a while is because both Matthew and I have been and still are pretty busy working on getting a bunch of stuff ready in our newly renovated church building! The Grand Re-Opening is this Saturday! :-)
Matthew is on the sound committee and he is setting up a bunch of new equipment and tweaking the old stuff trying to get it to work a bit better :-)
I am on the Nursery Committee and having a grand ol' time painting, going to meetings, organizing, cleaning, and the list could go on and on.
I really enjoy seeing and participating in so many people getting together and making things happen so fast :-)
We are also both doing a few other things like, making the slide show, making up some fruit trays and again the list could go on :-P
Both Matthew and I are super duper excited that we are almost done! We have been up past midnight many nights these past weeks and together we have been at the church building almost every day for the past 2 weeks. :-)
We are also thrilled that we don't have to worship in the school anymore. With him being on the Sound committee he (and one or two other guys) had to set up the sound equipment every Saturday night, and take it all down after second service on Sunday. And me being on the Nursery Committee I had to with the the other ladies on the committee and ladies that helped out, move the desks and set up the Nursery in a classroom every Sunday morning, and take it all down and pack it away and set up the desks again every Sunday after second service (on the other hand our two kids thought this was great cuz there was no one watching them for 1/2 an hr or so every Sunday after church) :-P We are super thankful the School let us worship in there but it's also nice to have a few extra hours a week back :-)
We both enjoy being busy, but it will also be nice to have a bit of free time during the Christmas holidays! Maybe we can do a bit of sledding, make gingerbread houses, gift opening and do a few more fun things with the kids. :-) And also my house could use some major attention! :-P
We really enjoyed working with all these amazing talented people during this renovation, we have really gotten to know our church community so much better :-) So many people put in WAY more time than we did on this project and I'm sure they are pretty thrilled to see that it's almost all done! I hope they can rest up a bit over the holiday season :-)
Since the Immanuel Canadian Reformed Church website now has a picture of our newly renovated church building on it I think it will be ok if I post a pic of it on here for all of you :-)

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my cute kids Miriam and Dylan sitting all cozy on the couch watching leapfrog dvd's and munching on some popcorn popped in our new popcorn popper, we are all pretty excited about it around here :-P
Nice work! It's always exciting to finish off a project like this. You're right, one of the best parts other than enjoying the fruit of your labour is all of that free time! Enjoy it while it lasts, life has a way of keeping busy and it will be gone soon enough. Enjoy your Christmas.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful church and worth all the work everyone put into it. Now you'll enjoy it even more after all the work everyone put into it.
ReplyDeleteVery cute kids as well :-)
As I can't really write anymore (even have permission to sign cheques with an X!!) You won't be receiving a card from us this year (it's a woman thing uncle Ben figures) So we wish you a blessed Christmas and 2011.
Thanks Uncle Jerome :-)
ReplyDeleteWe hope you have a great Christmas as well and I hope the snow pictures I emailed you chilled you to the bone! :-P
Aunt Nancy, Thanks :-)
And don't worry about not sending Christmas cards :-) We all understand, and even though I can write I'm sure I'll end up not writing cards a few years in my lifetime! btw now you will have a bit more time during the holiday's for doing other things you enjoy :-)