I was admitted in the hospital on Thursday so that the dr’s
can monitor our twins closely – My dr. tried to get home care for me (someone
comes to my house every day to monitor the twins), but she wasn’t able to get
it (not enough room in the program? I don’t know.) Bummer, that would have been
so nice J
Oh well. I’m here in the hospital having 2 NST’s a day.
Matthew’s Uncle, Aunt and cousin came for a quick visit on Friday, and on Saturday Matthew, Nicole and the kids popped by We hung out in my room for a bit, walked around the hospital, showed the kids where the NICU is, walked through an outside garden, and headed back to my room. J
Yesterday I got a ½ day
pass so I could go to church in the afternoon. It was so nice to get out of the hospital for a bit and do something ‘normal’ I had to be back in the hospital by 6 so
after church we headed home, made some supper, put the kids pj’s on, and headed
to the hospital to have a picnic in Mommy’s hospital room. Matthew and the kids
stayed till a little after 8. Matthew’s parents came by for a visit as well
last night.
While the kids where
here I needed my second NST for the day so the kids got to see how they do the
Non-Stress Test – They had lots of questions. Miriam was wondering if they did the C-Section in my room… lol and if she could
please watch!... I explained that they do the operation in an operating room,
and that there would be lots of blood and it would be yucky. That didn’t seem
to faze her at all, she still wanted to go watch :-P haha! She sounds so much
like me haha - I already watched a C-Section of 32wk old twins on youtube just
to know a little more about it :-P (I’ve also read quite a bit, but nothing
beats seeing it – I wonder if they will let me watch my own? On a screen? I
dunno) After all that, Miriam didn’t think it was fair that Daddy could be
there and she wasn’t allowed :-P
Dylan thought that because we could hear the babies so
clearly through the NST machine, that the babies could hear him through the
machine as well… so he was talking to the machine for a few mins before I
realized what he was doing. I explained to him that the babies can hear him
better if he’s closer to Mommy’s tummy. Also, at one point we could hear that Pete had the hiccups, after we heard him hiccupping
for a min or so Dylan tried to grab my water bottle, I told him to ask Daddy
for his water bottle cuz he isn’t supposed to touch mine… so Dylan asked
Matthew, then I asked Dylan what he wanted it for, he said to me “I wanted to
give you some water cuz Pete has the hiccups.” Awwww! Trying to look after his
little brothers already – that boy is so cute!
Lydia just thought all the buttons were so cool – and SLIDING
bathroom door was so fun. (We put a chair in front of it so the kids would
leave it alone :-P) Lydia thought pretending to sleep on Mommy’s bed was fun,
and standing on the windowsill and looking down was also a hoot. She probably
spent ½ of the time by the window. We are on the third floor, so we know Lydia
isn’t afraid of heights (none of my kids are)
Anyway, on to an
update on the twins. So far the NST’s (non-stress tests) have all been good, save the one I had this
morning… both babies were moving around quite a bit, and then Repete’s heart
rate dropped for a tiny bit, they left me on the monitor for a while to see if
it would do that again, but it didn’t. Both babies are moving around and seem
to be happy. Yay!
The dr. said that any sign of stress they will likely send me straight to the
OR for a C-Section. :-S (still nervous
about the recovery/ driving back and forth to see my babies at the hospital, I
don’t think I’ll be ready for that no matter how much I read)
My next ultrasound is on Wednesday. We’ll see how the babies are doing and if Repete has grown. If things look too
risky to leave them in any longer then off to the OR we go… :-S Most of the dr’s
I’ve talked to are fairly sure these babies will want to come out sooner than
later – but I’m still hoping to hit 34 weeks, even if I have to be bored in the
hospital for 2 weeks, the longer they are in me the less time in the NICU
hopefully.
I talked with the
NICU dr. for a little bit yesterday. He came by to chat a little about what normally
happens in the NICU, some of the problems our babies could have when they come
out etc. He said if I make it to 33/34 it’s likely that Pete may not have to
spend any time in the NICU, he said from the ultrasounds things look really
good. He said Repete also looks really good as far as he can see, except for
his size, so he’ll probably need to be in the NICU to grow. I’m thinking having one in the NICU and one
out is going to be more of a challenge than both in the NICU, or both out :-S
Hopefully Repete (and Pete?) only have to be in for a short time.
Not much else happening around here. I’m sitting around in
my hospital room, cross-stitching, reading, watching movies, browsing the
internet… (yay! Internet in my room! :-D ) Otherwise I am allowed to walk
around, but there are only so many times you can walk around the hospital in a
day before that gets pretty boring too.. lol.
And now my nurse advised me not to walk around too much cuz Repete is
quite low now… :-S
I wanted to mention two SUPERHERO’S in my life right now:
First of all there’s SUPERDAD!
Working full time, finishing a bathroom reno,
visiting his wife in the hospital. He tries to get home in time to make supper
and get the kids in bed so Nicole doesn’t get burnt out in a few days :-P ) Matthew
also set up some WIFI for me, and he’s been able to visit me everyday. He brings me some home
cooked meals, and snacks just in case I get a yucky meal :-P (the meals here
have all been pretty good so far) He also brings me things from home that I forgot – razor, belt, travel mug
(filled with coffee) etc. and takes home the books that I’ve read. With Matthew doing all this and
more really takes a load off my shoulders! And I haven’t heard him complain
about it yet – I LOVE HIM!
Second is SUPERAUNTIE (SUPERSISTER? SUPERNICOLE?) Otherwise
known as ‘Nanny Nicole’ :-D
She really
is amazing. She’s up before Matthew leaves for work, takes care of the kids, and takes care
of the house – cleaning, laundry etc. She really is amazing! The kids love her
and it’s so nice that the kids can stay home and have a somewhat normal routine.
THANK – YOU SO MUCH NICOLE! Taking care of 3 little kids and a house is
no easy thing – and for a 16yr old auntie, it really is a SUPER POWER!
Although Nicole is doing an amazing job I’m sure If anyone
would like to help out she wouldn’t turn you away. Here is a little list of
things I’m sure she’d love help with :-D You can phone the house to talk to
Nicole, or txt/facebook/email me and I’ll txt her to see what times work etc.
- You could go visit her so she isn’t too bored/get burnt
out too quick
- Come by and help out with some chores
- Take one or more of the kids for an hour or so – playdate,
to the park?
- Bring a meal
So it seems with all this time on my hands, I’ve gotten
carried away and written a super long post :-S
I’ll leave you all with a list of a few things I’ve been
really thankful for lately.
-SUPERDAD!
-SUPERAUNTIE!
-Fantastic nurses! (even changed my mattress at 10pm because
there was a really horrible lump I couldn’t get away from, no matter how I
slept)
-Fairly good hospital food
-Able to walk around
-Visitors
-All my meals made/brought to me, no dishes, sheets changed
for me, room cleaned for me J
-Air conditioning
-Books, internet/laptop, dvd’s, magazines,
-My own clothes
-No IV (yet)
-Healthy babies (as far as we can see)
-My own room, with my own bathroom, and my own shower.
-A window
-Friends, family, and church family.
Thanks again, for all your support and prayers!
I've been following your blog for quite some time now, and love it! Praying for you and your family and hope those little guys stay in your belly for as long as they can! All the best in the next few weeks and thanks for keeping us posted!! Audrey
ReplyDeleteHi Lorelle and Matthew. We are so pleased to read that all is going so well so far. So much to be thankful for, that's for sure. We pray that the little tykes will stay put as long as is safe and that all will go well in the days ahead. Enjoy this time of relative relaxation. You are going to need a lot of energy in a short time and you likely won't find much time to cross-stitch for a long while after the twins are born. Enjoy it while you can!
ReplyDeleteHi Lorelle! We have been back a couple weeks now, and I just read through your posts. Wow, what a learning curve! GOD knows when you will meet those two little ones!, and it will be just the right time for them. Know that you and your family are in many prayers. At this moment it seems you are doing all you can for Pete and Repete, and the rest of your family is being well looked after :) Something to be thankful for. Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDelete