Wednesday, August 7, 2013

More Hospital Time...

Update on my ultrasound/steroids this morning:

Things look good, both babies grew about 2 weeks worth in two weeks :-) That puts Repete at just over 2lbs and Pete at just about 4lbs (still a 46% discordance). Blood flows look good in the heart/cord/brain - no reverse flow :-)
Pretty much the same stuff we have been seeing for the past two weeks. The difference today is that I'm (almost) 32 weeks (Friday). Because it is likely these babies come out in a week or two, I had a steroid shot to help the babies lungs develop/help the babies breathe after they are born. I have another shot tomorrow. They don't usually do these shots after 34 weeks of pregnancy (babies are usually fine if delivered after that).
Now that I am (almost) 32 weeks, my OB and the Dr at the hospital recommend daily monitoring... they tried to get me home care (a nurse comes to my house and does daily monitoring) but, there isn't room for me - and they have tightened up the rules a little because of the demand for home care (that what my dr. said) So, after my second steroid shot tomorrow my dr. said they will admit me so they can keep a close eye on the babies (make sure there is no sign of stress on the babies). (Royal Alex)
I REALLY REALLY don't want to stay at the hospital buuuut, it is better for the babies if they are closely monitored.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fairly bored during my hospital stay... I'll take books and cross-stitching but if anyone wants to come visit me, I'm sure I'll welcome visitors :-D Just text/facebook first just to make sure I'm in my room and not having an ultrasound downstairs or something. (if  you don't have my cell number you can call my house and get it from my sister, or facebook me - I get messages and notifications on my cell.)

When will we deliver?? Don't know yet - the earliest being Friday this week (hopefully not) because then the steroids will have had time to kick in :-) The dr. today said delivery will likely happen anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks from now... (32 - 34 wks) But despite what the Dr. thinks, I'm still secretly hoping to make it to 35 weeks... :-D
From what I gather, if delivered at 32-34 weeks the babies could be in the NICU anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks (or more if there are major complications) About a month is normal though. There are also fantastic stories of people getting to go home with their babies if delivered at 34 weeks or later :-D  I'm hoping for that - although very unlikely, cuz Repete is so small... he possibly will have to stay in the NICU longer than Pete as a feeder/grower. I've heard that at this point every day inside is worth 2 days in the NICU, the longer inside me the better - as long as everything stays stable.


I think that's about all the news I have today - I'll try find wifi at the hospital and keep you all updated - and if I can't find it at the hospital I know there is a mcdonalds right outside the hospital so maybe they'll let me have an hour pass or something and let me go there - I'm going to try to get a 'pass' on Sunday and hopefully make it one service - I'm pretty sure from here on I'll be missing quite a bit of church :-( I always find Sundays such an  uplifting and encouraging day...Even if it's my busiest day of the week - with 3 kids, having to dress up/look nice, 2 services at nap times, etc. Sunday is NOT a day of 'rest' - but it is still so great to be 'fed' every week and meet with the church family :-D

Thank you all so much for all your love, support and prayers!

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment