I can't believe Miriam is 6! She is such a blessing to our family! A great help around the house, makes us laugh all the time (she really can't stand it if someone is sad) She is very smart and picks up on things quite quickly. :-) We love her very much!
I was a bit slow in buying a present this year... I found something last minute, but I couldn't get it till Sunday (bought it from a girl from church, so she was gonna pass it to me on Sunday). So on Miriam's birthday we gave her two small presents - a glasses straw (loved those when I was little!) and a box of smarties all to herself (which she generously shared with her siblings :-) )
We didn't plan a party with friends this year, but a few cousins and grandpa and grandma showed up :-)
Ice Cream Cake!!! Which I forgot to serve and just as Grandpa and Grandma were leaving Miriam asked if we were going to have cake... Oops - they took off their shoes again, sang happy birthday and had a piece of cake :-) We were too late to catch Uncle Nate and Aunt Lin + Cousins though :-(
The candle was a #6 sparkler :-)
Waiting to open her present on Sunday :-)
Pollies!!!
So many Polly pockets!!
Enough to share!
Miriam stuck all the balloons to the back of the fan :-P
Good morning! Wheat squares for breakfast! :-) Mom is slacking a little... right now we only have porridge 3-4x a week :-S
Snack time! Grapes!
Hee hee I love Lydia's 'PEEEESE' face :-)
Such a cutie - love this little rascal so much!
Gotta love those eyes! Love him to bits!
When did she get so big? Love her so much!
Let the bathroom reno begin!
Easy for me to say as I sit in my chair and my hubby does all the work... (I feel quite useless actually...)
Trying to figure out what the previous owners did... ???
Well, for one, they vented the hood fan into the wall...not even into the ceiling. Notice the terrible patch job on the ceiling - likely they had ice build up in the winter and it all melted in the spring :-S Then to 'fix' it they put a drop ceiling in... ??? I never used the fan cuz we couldn't figure out where it vented to... lol good thing!
We now duct taped the vent - we plan to renovate the kitchen later and put in something proper :-)
The debris coming out of the bathroom door...
What a mess!! He cleaned it all up too :-) Love him!
He climbed up in the attic and stomped on the bathroom ceiling... :-) We now have a vaulted ceiling in the bathroom! But it doesn't look that great... lol
Today Matthew is ripping out the tile around the bathtub. :-) Eventually we will have a completely renovated bathroom :-)
Have fun with you Pollys Miriam! Auntie Nicole loved playing pollys when she was your age :) Can't wait to see you all!:D -Auntie Nicole
ReplyDeleteSo funny that you forgot to serve the cake! Exciting that you are getting started on your long awaited bathroom reno, even though you can't do much I bet it feels great to finally get started on it! -Nadine
ReplyDeleteYa, it is nice the bathroom reno is finally started :-) Matthew is working on the plumbing tonight, and hopefully he'll be putting in our new tub on Saturday (it's been sitting in our garage for over a year now... lol)
ReplyDeleteI'll do another update on the bathroom soon :-)