My sunflower seeds are coming up! ... I'm not so sure if the zinnia's or oriental grass will come up at all. I planted the seeds about 3 weeks ago when I planted all my other potted plants.
The kids seem to LOVE playing in the dirt I have my seeds planted in! Dylan likes to drive his cars on it and Miriam likes to dig in it. So all the seeds I planted by the edge of the garden, most likely won't come up :-( I might try some herbs there instead.
Here are some of the plants I have growing outside.
In the Front:
I bought this basket three weeks ago and it was quite a bit smaller! It sure has grown in the last 3 weeks!
I love pansy's! They are one of my favorite flowers!
Front Garden #1
Lily's, iris' and bleeding hearts
Front garden #2
Some green stuff that should be considered a weed... cuz it sure takes over like weeds do! and can anyone tell me what this other plant is?
The front of the house. Matthew also put up a new front light and new mailbox for me last night :-) We hope to re-shingle the roof, replace the windows, put siding up, then paint the trim black, put shutters and window boxes under the two bedroom windows, and put in a new front door and paint it red. :-) D.V all in the next 5 years or so. We'll see if all that happens, but that's the plan anyway :-P
Now for the backyard:
(By the garage)
See my sunflowers are coming up!! wahoo! We went to the home and garden show a little while ago and we recieved the sunflower seeds free :-) I love sunflowers :-)
Did I mention I love pansy's? I have two of these pots in my backyard. and a few small pots of pansy's on my patio table .
Here are a few of the inside plants we bought since we moved into this house. We tried growing plants in the basement but there wasn't enough light... so almost all of them died... only one survived ... the Easter(?) cactus
The only plant that survived three years in a basement :-)
Yes, the cacti are on the coffee table... ok kids try to get the dirt out of these bad boys! :-P
I'll leave you with a cute pic of my kiddies reading a book this morning :-)
Miriam is convinced she can read and Dylan thinks she can too - just describe the pictures right? That's all there is to it :-P
It's Goutweed!! If you don't want it start pulling or use the mighty Round-up!. That stuff will strangle out the rest of your plants if you don't "control" it. :)
ReplyDeleteI have that same green stuff trying to come up in my front garden! I pull it. All. the. time!
ReplyDeleteSoo, i have the same pansies in my back garden and they are barely hanging on it looks like. NOT impressed with them at all. The front petunia's are doing just awesome and Im tempted to rip out the pansies and put more petunia's in the back. I'm too stubborn to give up that quick yet though. So, tips? Advice? What DO pansies like? Seems what I'm doing isnt working. they're alive - but not healthy looking.
ReplyDeleteNadine:
ReplyDeletePansy's don't like full sun only some sun... 1/2 of the day in sun and 1/2 of the day in shade is best, they also like water - try to water them everyday. That's it I think, that's all I do anyway :-)
Deanna and Nelena - I pulled out all the goutweed yesterday, and there are 4 blacklace (Elderberry) plants in there that I'm hoping will mostly take over that garden now :-)
I went to a local nursery here and talked to a lady about them. She recommended a fertilizer and also said that the weather we have been having isn't good for pansies so once the sun is out more they should pick up. I was watering them twice a day and they started getting white spots on them (root rot) so I water them once a day now and the spots went away. Whew, pansies are sure pansies that's all I gotta say ;) Petunia's are my best friend this year! haha!
ReplyDeleteThe plant in the back looks like the trumpet vine we have.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get your cactus's? Such a good idea having those on your coffee table..... can't wait for lucas to try touch those plants! haha!
ReplyDelete