15 days ago, while we were in Winnipeg, I miss carried our little baby, I didn't have a physically difficult time, but I'm sure I'll be emotional about it for a long time. I'm so glad we were surrounded by family, and that we had planned a two night get-away to a cabin in the Whiteshell. We were still able to go with just the two of us and relax.
Matthew and I were watching an interview of a couple on tv tonight. This couple had lost a little girl (she carried her little girl for a long time knowing that this baby wouldn't be able to live outside of her womb). Apparently she has a blog and a book now...(Angie Smith) She also wrote the song below, I thought it was very sweet. Here is a link to the audio version (click here)
There were photographs i wanted to take
Things i wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this?
people say that i am brave but i`m not
Truth is i`m barely hanging on
But there`s a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this
So i will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And i will praise the One who`s chosen me
To carry you
Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But i know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says
I`ve shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?
I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All your life
And i will praise the One who`s chosen me
To carry you
That's beautiful Lorelle! A big hug to you, I hope you are doing ok!
ReplyDeletePs, I almost thought you forgot about your blog! It's been so long! ;-)
So sorry to hear your sad news Lorelle. Praying God will give you peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteOh Lorelle, I am sorry to hear about the miscarriage. No matter how early this sort of thing happens it cannot be easy. I pray you may receive comfort and strength from God above, our Father who cares for us more than we can imagine.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem Lorelle. I pray that you will receive comfort and strength. Words may seem empty when you're grieving but they come with a lot of love and prayer.
ReplyDeleteLove you. Marie