It's pretty hard to write this, but I want to update you all on what is going on.
Most of you know that Ian hasn't been doing well that past 2 days, yesterday he was transferred to a level 3 NICU, and there if needed, he would be able to have surgery. Today we found out that part of his bowel is dead, so he needed surgery this afternoon to remove the dead part. The dr. wasn't sure how much of it was viable until he was doing the surgery. Little Ian was in surgery for about 1 1/2 hrs. Ian is doing ok after surgery so we decided to go home, have some supper, see the other kids, and head back to the hospital after the kids go to bed.
After Ian was out of the OR the dr. explained that he did have to take out some of Ian's bowel. There is also a larger part that the Dr. isn't sure what it's going to do - he said it was grey, and may possibly die as well. So on Sunday Ian will have another surgery to see if that part is dead, or if it is looking better. If that larger part is doing better then they will attach a ostomy bag, he can then recover and hopefully get better. Later when Ian is older, they will do another surgery to re-attach everything and get rid of the ostomy bag :-) If the larger part of the bowel is dead then the dr's can't do anything for our little Ian. If they removed the part we are concerned about, the only viable part that is left wouldn't be big enough to absorb the amount of nutrients he would need to survive. So in that case he would die.
We hope and pray that the the part of the bowel we are concerned about looks much better on Sunday when they do the operation. Please remember us in your prayers and we thank you so much for the love, prayers and support so far!
We know that little Ian is in our Heavenly Father's hands. In Him do we find our our comfort and strength.
We are thankful that we have access to such great health care, and that God has equipped these dr's and nurses to be able to help.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
Hi. My name is Shannon Van Oene. I know Nadine from the short time we both lived in BC.
ReplyDeleteHow very, very hard this must be for your family. You seem so strong in your posts. We hope and pray with your family that God will make everything well with your twins, especially Ian at this time.
You don't know me but I read your story on face book and I along with many others (I am sure). have sent our prayers for your family and your little angel known as Ian God Bless
ReplyDeletePraying for your sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteAgata (friend of Bethany Barendregt)
I'm so sorry to hear, Lorelle. I can't even imagine. Henry and I pray that your family will have all you need to trust and hope through such a hard time.
ReplyDeleteLorelle, I'm a friend of your sister Miranda and I've heard about your son from her. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you are going through this. I can only imagine how hard it must be! I want you to know that we are praying for you and your little guy as, I'm sure, many people are! May you find comfort in our Heavenly Father! He holds all things in His hands!
ReplyDeleteHey Lorelle,
ReplyDeleteI just came across your post on Facebook. I'm so sorry to hear you guys are having such a hard time! David and I will be praying for you as well... God's blessings on your family.
Lydia Winkel (formerly Pol)
Matthew and Lorelle,
ReplyDeleteWe are so very sorry to hear about Ian's condition. We have prayed throughout your pregnancy and thought God answered those prayers. Now we are praying again that He will spare Ian so that you can all enjoy each other as family. He is the great Healer and we know Ian is safe in His hands. With much love, Uncle Jerome and Auntie Andria