Saturday, May 25, 2013

Home again :-)

We are home again :-) So nice to sleep in our own beds, eat at home (I didn't realize eat-out food got so gross after a while...I've always loved eating out) get back to everyday things, hug and kiss our kids, and just get back into a bit of a routine :-)

We went to the hospital in Toronto for our last ultrasound on Thursday morning, everything looked normal (same as Wednesday) so they said we could fly back home yay! The babies hearts are still not quite as good as before the surgery, but the dr. said it often takes a week or so to go back to normal. :-) Otherwise, they are both moving, and Repete has lots of extra room now :-). So thankful!
After we got out of the hospital and called the travel agency AB health works with, and the lady there booked us a flight out at 2:45 that afternoon. We packed up our stuff at the hotel (the hotel generously offered an extended checkout time, so that we didn't have to take all our stuff to the hospital that morning) phoned a taxi, and headed to the airport. There we had a bit of lunch, bought two cute Teddies (with Toronto sweaters) for Pete and Repete. We buy teddies for each of our babies before they are born, we thought it would be kinda neat to buy these one's in Toronto :-). Then we waited a bit longer, and then we were off! Matthew's parents picked us up from the airport in Edmonton and took us out for supper :-) Then they dropped us off at home, and we went to go pick up our kids Yayayayay!!! :-P We missed them so much! We are very thankful Rebekah, Mom dB, and Rachel could take care of the kids at home for the first part, and that Laura, and Emily could take the kids for the rest of the time :-) and on very short notice too! :-) They were VERY well taken care of, and they really had a great time :-) THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The recovery for this surgery isn't too crazy, I mostly just have to take it easy, and not lift anything too heavy for 7-10 days or so, otherwise I can do everything normally :-) One think that I didn't expect is for my belly to be so much smaller (at the end of the surgery the dr. took out of Pete's sac about 1 1/2 liters of amniotic fluid (he had way too much, and taking it out helps me not to go into labor too soon)) I didn't think I'd notice a size difference so much, but all my clothes fit much better :-P I'm pretty tired, but I'm not sure if that's just because I was able to take so many naps while away, and now I got used to it :-P or if it's a recovery thing.
I have another ultrasound early next week, and we'll know a little more about how these little babies are doing :-) I still feel both boys kicking all the time, so that's reassuring :-)

Thank you so much for all your help and prayers!

Ps 105: 1-4
Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name; 
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always. 


    

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are home and that all is well. I love reading your updates. My heart leaps for joy when I hear that every thing continues to remain good. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog brings back soooo many memories. my Mom Hermina VR sent me the link. We went thru the same thing almost 12 years ago when I was 22 Weeks. Our baby girls were born healthy at 36.5 Weeks each weighing over 6 lbs. We have been praying for you and it is so good to hear everything is going well! Praise the Lord! Ted and Carol Kanis

    ReplyDelete