A few more pictures of what we've been up to lately :-)
I should explain a little about why we are on a 'try to eat as little as possible artificial food' lately. You see... I read some posts on a blog about the health benefits of eating whole foods. This blog had some great links to other blogs, and information. This led to a search to find some info on how bad the stuff in our food really is - you know, the stuff you can't pronounce on the box/can/bag, the 'preservatives' and 'food enhancers' ? After reading, and reading, and reading, (and I still have so much more reading to do!) I concluded that the least of this stuff in our diet the better. (really the stuff on the store shelves isn't really any better than what you buy at mcdonalds :-S That is sad...) So, I will try to make as much as I can at home (without store bought soups, broths, pasta, wraps, bread etc.)
We have a pasta maker now :-) and so far it has been great... but we don't have homemade pasta every time yet, because we are still finishing off the pasta we bought before all that reading :-p
I would love to grind my own wheat, and find a farm to get meat, milk, and eggs from regularly, but for now, it's store bought for that stuff :-)
.JPG) |
| Rolling out the wraps (100% whole wheat, no preservatives :-) Yup, supper is a little more work, but I think it's a WHOLE lot better for us! :-) |
.JPG) |
| Homemade wraps for supper! :-) ( of course we put sour cream and meat (with spinach and onion) on the wraps too :-) |
.JPG) |
| Smoothies for breakfast!! We all get smoothies for breakfast on school days. Even Lydia loves them (No, there is no protein powder in there - I try not to put anything artificial in our food, even if a dr. recommended it to one of my friends friends...) :-P |
.JPG) |
| Yummy!! |
.JPG) |
| Dylan doesn't like to drink his breakfast, so smoothie mixed with yogurt is how he rolls :-) |
.JPG) |
| And here is the whole reason we have smoothies on school day's in the first place... You see, Miriam doesn't eat breakfast very fast. We have tried quite a few things now, and the only things that work are; sugary cereal with things I cannot pronounce in it, those pkgs quaker calls porridge with things I can't pronounce in it, she will eat homemade porridge, but it has to have lots of sugar in it for her to eat it fast... (we eat homemade porridge with a little maple syrup on home days). Aaaaand smoothies! There is nothing artificial about these smoothies, and she can drink it on the bus! :-) Milk, fruit, oats, gr. flax, a little honey, and sometimes greek yogurt for protein :-) Yay!! |
.JPG) |
| All ready to get on the bus! |
.JPG) |
| Lydia likes to look out the window and watch for the big yellow bus :-) |
.JPG) |
| Yes, she can get down off the stool by herself |
.JPG) |
| A little something Miriam picked up at the school Manna day rummage sale :-) |
Tomorrow I will post about Lydia's 1st Birthday!!!! AAAAHHH crazy! My baby is a year old already!
We've been doing eggs for breakfast because I got fed up with crap cereals and we do smoothies for and/or with lunch, plus Nicole is hard to get protein into so eggs is really the best bet for her.
ReplyDelete