Rachel and I decorated gingerbread houses in the afternoon on Christmas day... we had planned to to this earlier but other things kept coming up that were more important. Miriam and Dylan both decorated little graham cracker houses that were given to us. Gwen had given them to Emily who was going to use them but then realized she didn't have enough time and asked me if I wanted them I said sure cuz I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the kids yet while I decorated my house lol.
Getting ready to decorate! Soo many candies!!! - I was going to make two houses but I forgot to make a roof for one of my houses and well...a house looks pretty incomplete without a roof! :-P
I only took two pictures while decorating the houses... I was too busy decorating ;-)
As you can see Dylan is having a blast and he and Miriam ate WAY TOO MANY candies... but that was expected :-P The icing worked soo much better this year! Better than any other year we have tried it! Yay for a new icing recipe! I think I got this one from Aunt Jane Hoeksema but I recall a few people facebooked me quite a few recipes last year after I complained on my facebook status about my crappy icing :-P
the second of the two pics I took :-)
TA DAA!!! Rachel's house is done! Super cute! I love her little gingerbread men and tree! and I loved her fence so much I copied it :-)
TA DAA my house is done! Notice the wood pile on the left side of the house :-P also the snow fort on the right side :-P This is not the best house I've ever made but it'll do for this year :-P I tried a differant gingerbread house pattern this year and I think I'll go back to my Mom's pattern, it really is the best!
This is the house I made Christmas 2009 (my Mom's gingerbread house pattern) It is most certainly my favorite so far :-) I like the outside extra's from this year and a tree I made a few years ago. Maybe next year I'll put all three favorites together :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment